Monday 21 November 2011

Yo hoo a pirates life for me....

Hey everybody so I finally finished watching Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. I know I'm a bit behind. I know Pirates 4 had a lot of negative reviews. These people are all "professionals" who get paid a ridiculous amount of money to "review" movies. Whenever they review movies they often compare the success of Prequels or a movie of similar nature. What they do not consider or acknowledge is the change in writers, directors, actors, exc. They also do not acknowledge change or growth in a series. Many people criticized the last installment of Pirates because Orlando and Kiera did not reprise there roles as Will & Elizabeth, but frankly let's face it there characters roles couldn't be taken any further, as well their story was repeated far to often through out the series. Elizabeth lands in danger,Will comes to rescue... Blah blah blah. Now the new pirates had Blackbeard, mermaids, and The Foutain of Youth, which in my opinion is a recipe for a great adventure/fantasy, there just like the books I read when I was little. I can honestly say that I enjoyed this movie there was plenty of action, laughter, there was even an element of love but that was not over done. Johnny Depps preformance as Jack was great as always, Ian McShanes preformance as Blackbeard was as good as it could be considering how little he was in it, also he did not appear in the previous 3 movies, so he didn't get a chance to mold his character. The movie had a storyline that was very easy to follow, it had a little bit of everything in it, basically In my opinion this is a great movie cause simply it made me smile, made me laugh. If you were once a child who dreamt of adventure, played pirate or enjoyed the first 3 I think you will atleast enjoy this movie. :) Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment